Friday, October 5, 2012

Hopeless Love



POETIC BLOOMINGS
asks us to attempt a minnesang

A minnesang is a courtly love-poem style from 12th century Germany, usually set to music and nearly always dealing with unrequited love.

HOPELESS LOVE

Our eyes meet and I know that love,
That mingling of heart and mind,
Is flowing to me from above.........
Your gaze is of a loving kind.
And yet, your great nobility
Cannot, will not stoop to me.

For you are destined for a King,
While I am but a lowly knight.
You speak, and all the angels sing;
You smile, the world is flushed with light.
But, for all my manly chivalry
You cannot, will not stoop to me.
*
--------------------------------------------------

PINK PEDALLING

One expression everyone knows
Is that French one.... 'Vie en rose'.
Looking at life through a rosy glow
Is better than facing the status quo.
And, surely, a rosy bicyclette
Is the very best thing discovered yet
For whizzing through life without a care,
Blithe and young and free of care.
Pessimists say, of course, at this juncture.......
'It's bound to happen......you'll get a puncture!'
*

No comments: