Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Looming




ABC WEDNESDAY


LOOMING

If one is five foot three
It is impossible to
Loom.
To loom one must be at least six foot three
With an abnormally large head.
Another essential is darkness.
Whoever heard of anyone
Looming
On a sunny day?
It pays to be indistinct too.
Try to have hands that appear
Huge and claw-like
With a hint of dried blood
In the nails.
Make sure you are in shadow
Before you loom.
One always has to loom out of something.
Your victim should be supine.
It is impossible to
Loom
Over someone halfway up a ladder.
Silence is essential.
Loomers have tried creaks and groans,
But the classiest loomers are
Always silent.
Let your victim hear her own tortured breathing.
Stout loomers
Aways have more success
Than skinny ones.
There is always the threat of suffocation.
Bulk
Is an added
Frightener.
Loomers should practise
Imperceptible movements.
The approach should be definite,
But smooth,
Noiseless,
Almost slippery.
At the last moment
Allow yourself
A saturnine laugh.
I hope I have been some help
To would-be loomers.
And, again,
Do not attempt looming
If you are five foot three.
*
----------------------------------------------------------------



Margaret Gosden

HARVEST MOON?

Margaret publishes her Harvest Moon....I'd forgotten it existed!
Of all my memories of 'home', this one had not persisted.
Yet now I vaguely do recall I saw this years ago,
A moon belonging to Autumn, honey-coloured, hanging low.
But now I see it differently, the reason being because
I now see the self-same moon  hanging in the skies of Oz.
And it cannot be a harvest moon, because, with us, it's Spring,
And so the harvest concept is just a local thing.
There's nothing special about the moon ; we just clothe it with our dreams.
A Harvest Moon is just a moon, quite  run-of-the-mill it seems.
One thing is certain, it seems to me......one thing is clearly clear;
We see the world quite differently in the Southern Hemisphere!
*

5 comments:

Eden said...

Beautiful photos and poems.

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures!

Carver said...

Great take on L and looming. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

Roger Owen Green said...

I suppose you COULD loom over a child. Or a midget...
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Lmkazmierczak said...

I understand Rumple Rumpelstiltskin was a loomer! Loved your rhyme....and I'm over the moon for your second work...in any season♫