Sunday, July 26, 2009

Yellow Peril!

It's odd how people differ in their passions and desires!
It's strange how quite a humdrum thing can light a person's fires!
To me this is 'a yellow car'. (Ah! something for 'Yellow Monday').
But Malcolm saw this in the show he visited on Sunday,
And, since then, he's been sort of vague, with a look of desperation!
The need to own a 'Spitfire' enters every conversation!
I say 'It's just a car.' but he has quite a different view.
Supposing he goes and buys it! Whatever will I do?
I'll have to do some drooling and pretend that I can see
Something more than a vehicle that goes from A to B!
Now Poetry's a different thing, quite worthy of obsession
It's obvious I'm quite normal when I have a writing session!
But cars! My goodness! They're just things that happen to have wheels!
I'm afraid I'll never really know exactly how he feels!
*
A similar theme here:

15 comments:

Elizabeth said...

These something wonderful about an open top car........in summer.
In the US yellow makes us think of school buses.

Kenobiitti said...

Ahh...Triumph Spitfire, what a nice car.
And this one with perfect color!

Martha said...

I have to agree with you for the most part. Nice Mellow Yellow Monday shot :-)

Anonymous said...

I really wish I could explain it to you, Brenda...but I can not. I'm one to drool over a piece of machinery, as well. Then again, I've a passion for the written word. Just as there are well built things and poorly built, so it goes with writing.

Carol said...

Nice yellow...and I love the poem...it made me laugh...

Jo said...

LOL! Brenda, most women relate to this. I know I do... I really enjoyed your Sunday Diary again this week but couldn't comment. Have a good week. Jo

Margaret Gosden said...

Perhaps he can swap it for his other one, if there's no room at the inn. It seems like a harmless sort of passion to me and if it does convey you both from A to B, so much the better. I like my SUV wheels that include a wonderful Hi Fi system, so enclosed that I feel Iike I am in my own concert hall. 'It's the journey that counts more than the end in itself' (for him) - perhaps that's how he sees it!

quilly said...

CAR n. self-propelled, wheeled vehicle designed to move people and their possessions from point A to point B. It comes in an assortment of designs, models and price ranges. No matter what they look like, no matter who designed them, no matter what they cost, the car's primary purpose remains to move people and their possessions from point A to point B.

Mari Meehan said...

Don't worry. Cars are definitely a "guy" thing!

Norm said...

cute and unique car..

Martha said...

Adorable car, but yes, just a car. There was a time that I thought the type of car you drove defined you as a person... now to me it is transportation.

My MYM - Legos

MYM said...

very snazzy - I've always wanted a yellow car

Anonymous said...

A lot of people want to own a nice car - some are nice & some 'not so much so'! But this one fits the bill! hehehe

Have a wonderful week!

Clara said...

My ex was like Malcolm. I'm more like you. Great shot and even better poetry. I like your teasing tone. I posted sunflowers.

Kat said...

Malcolm must be seeing the 'Baggee-lack-shmee' in the spitfire :)))