Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Foot In Mouth Disease!



TOTALLY OPTIONAL PROMPTS
suggests
'Spontaneity versus Planning' 
as a theme.
One aspect of my life could certainly do with more consideration!

FOOT IN MOUTH DISEASE!

It's dangerous stuff, spontaneity!
I've tried it and I can attest 
That thinking things over quite calmly
Is always undoubtedly best.
I've opened my mouth far too often
With what I consider a quip
To realise I should have waited,
Avoiding a terrible slip.
It's pleasant to make people giggle,
One feels like a really bright spark,
But the horrible pause on completion
Shows I've been over-stepping the mark.
I've made more than one nasty boo-boo,
Upsetting the people I love.
Avoid those spontaneous wisecracks
Like those in the picture above!
*
The consideration was too lengthy here:

4 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

I know the run amuck mouth! One of the easiest things for me to do...

Anonymous said...

Hi, Thanks for visiting my blog.
The photo on my header, is part of the gardens at Chirk Castle North Wales.
I think your poem was written with me in mind...lol

Jinksy said...

Love the KFC wisecrack - must be Brit humour rearing its ugly head again...

Dee Martin said...

Boy does this hit home - my feet stay in my mouth LOL