Friday, July 17, 2009

Dolly Birds


PHOTOHUNT


DOLLY BIRDS


Have you been on a diet, too, darling?
You're looking delightfully slim!
Yes, I, too, was saggy
And quite a bit baggy,
But now I'm all slender and trim!
*
When I looked in the mirror, my darling,
I loathed my reflection therein.
I was all roly-poly!
Not slim like La Jolie!
I didn't know where to begin!
*
But I went on this diet, my darling;
It's one that I must recommend!
On Sunday a muffin
And, after that, nuffin'!
It worked very well in the end.
*
So now I'm a picture of slimness!
Just look how I sway in the breeze!
My tummy is flatter
Than when I was fatter.
The only things plump are my knees!
*
But the slit in my back does concern me!
They say it's for putting things in!
For we're all laundry bags!
So they'll stuff us with rags!
That's what happens to girls who are thin!
*
Very special weights here:
http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2008/12/248slipping-through-fingers.html

2 comments:

quilly said...

Laundry bags! How unique! I think they are wonderful! Whoever was selling these, needs a poster with your rhyme to go with the display.

Kat said...

ha ha... the last line was a clean swipe at the ladies who are slender ..!!!