Friday, July 31, 2009

Abstinence




ABSTINENCE!

August will be a Meme Free month! I won't follow a single one!*
There are so many other things in life that just have to be done!
Look at the dust beneath the beds! Look at the mail unwritten!
The trouble is, when I see a meme, I find I'm hooked, I'm smitten!
I've 'pre-ordained' my daily verse so I'll still keep in the swim,
But my output will be rather sparse, even verging on the slim.
I never cared for homework when I was a child at school,
So why, when I chance upon a meme, does 'Do it!' become the rule?
It's becoming an addiction! Is there a 'patch' for this?
Will August find me frustrated or living a life of bliss?
*
* Except for ABC Wednesday  because I don't want to get out of sequence.
*

More on the subject of memes here:
http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2009/04/meme-scheme.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S I jumped the gun on this one, publishing it a day early. So I've republished it. I'm printing copies of the two very welcome Comments I've already had and zapped!

Poopsie aka Blue has left a new comment on your post "Abstinence!":

Your contribution on TCT will be missed - do remember to come back after your break.

Best wishes
Blue 





Jo has left a new comment on your post "Abstinence!":

I'll miss you on meme's and look forward to September. I often wonder if I'm addicted (ha) as I don't miss one of the three I follow. 


Jo.

5 comments:

Charlene Amsden said...

Well, we all need a break now and then to recharge our batteries! I am glad you've pre-programmed some poems to entertain us while you rest. Have a good time and come back with lot's of blog fodder! We'll be waiting.

And, if you find yourself getting too crazy to do a meme, you can always write one and save it. ;)

Darlene said...

I need a break from blogging, but I can't seem to stop being addicted. I try to do at least one piece of housework each day to keep from growing roots in my computer chair.

If you are successful with your absence (abstinence) Please let me know how you did it. I need to get another life.

Tumblewords: said...

Have a wonderful break - see you when you get back!

Unseen India Tours said...

Enjoy your time and we wish to see you soon,,Unseen Rajasthan

Kat said...

a good convicing leave-letter..!!!