Monday, July 6, 2009

Walking On Eggshells


A great phrase from
ACROSTICS ONLY
again!

WALKING ON EGGSHELLS
Why is it, when you speak to me
Always I feel some timidity.
Looking for right words to choose,
Knowing that I am going to loose.
I want to feel at ease and free
Not suffering this rigidity!
Goodness knows I do my best!
*
Only I never pass your test.
Numerous times I've thought 'Don't care!'
*
Every time the tension's there!
Guessing what I've said to cause
Glazed expression and pregnant pause!
Should I treat you casually?
Heavens! That's how you treat me!
'Eggshell walking'! My description!
Less anxiety! My prescription!
Let me not be the one who squirms!
So we can meet on equal terms!
*

More personality clashes here:



8 comments:

quilly said...

Oh! You have written about my relationship with my exhusband. I spent 14 years a nervous wreck and constantly sick to my stomach!

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

You have looked right into my life as a whole! This is so deep.

Valerie said...

Profound and so true of a past personal relationship. Thank goodness there are no eggshells where I now walk. Brenda, I do admire your ability to tell a tale in rhyme.

Darlene said...

I have learned to avoid people that, when around, I need to walk on eggshells. Life's too short.

In the previous rhyme BONZA I think the U. S. is probably No.114 right now that the economy is in the tank.

Winifred said...

Very clever Brenda.

Thank goodness I haven't had anyone like that to deal with.

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

Congratulations!
You have won BWA. Please click HERE to see how your work was presented.

In my humble opinion, this was an amazing poem!

Anonymous said...

Brenda, don't know how I missed this one! Well done!( applause )

Kat said...

One of the best and most powerful poems, I've ever read.

A lesson in poem. You made my day, today :)))