Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dual Personality

Giorgio Vasari, "Judith"


CARRY ON TUESDAY

suggests as a prompt this week
the opening lines of
' David Copperfield' by Charles Dickens.
(His words are printed in blue at the start.)


DUAL PERSONALITY

Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my life
Is something not in any doubt at all.
For, in my tiny mind,
It's constantly I find
That I am standing brave and strong and tall.
*
I think that I'm heroic and superb.
I'm sorry for you all, not being me!
I'm vivacious and attractive,
Vigorous and active
And fit, my dears, as the proverbial flea!
*
Whether I shall turn out to be the villain of my life,
Is something else that's absolutely clear.
I'm desperately drab,
Inclined to put on flab,
And full of anti-hero stuff.... like fear!
*
I look into the mirror and reel back!
A reflection quite repellent greets my eyes!
No more the vision splendid;
That fantasy has ended,
For am neither brave nor good nor wise!
*
A dual-personality, that's it!
Poor brain! With that uncertainty within!
I'm constantly in doubt
As to which one will come out,
Hero or Villain? Which one's going to win?
*


More psychological mess here:



2 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

Definitely some doubt, I'm thinking. We do each seem, to carry more than one inner voice, one villain and one hero. Nice piece!

Kat said...

Well said... the good and the evil battles in the heart to surface.

( no no, I won't tell who wins :)))