Saturday, July 4, 2009

Dish of Morning


THE DISH OF MORNING

Illilangi!
Long ago,
We stayed there for a day or so.
The real world lay there far below
And shone at dawn.
The avocado trees deep green,
And all the other trees between,
Conspired to make a magic scene
That seemed reborn.
*
The cockatoos flew from the trees,
Borne on a eucalyptus breeze,
And we took breakfast at our ease
And eyed the view.
In front of us the tree-line dipped,
Maybe deliberately clipped.
And still we sat and still we sipped!
As dreamers do.
*
And many years have passed since then;
It could be nine, it could be ten,
But I'd love to go that way again
And see that dish.
That dish that held the morning light!
That contrast that was golden bright!
Those cockatoos in flashing flight!.
Yes, that's my wish
*
Breakfast companions


Another morning; another balcony here:


12 comments:

Patty said...

Lovely poem, nice photo. Hope you have a wonderful week-end.

Bogey said...

If I close my eyes, I can feel myself wrapped up in the serenity of your words...of course...as dreamers do!

Kat said...

A delightful wish..
The morning dish... loved it.

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Oh what wonderful verse and memories!

Brian Miller said...

sounds quite the wonderful dish
hope you get your wish...
happy tt!

Michael said...

A visual feast indeed. what a good way to enjoy a godo breakfast, as it were. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice imagery here and 'tis no wonder, yes? Hugs, Brenda :)

Ed & Jeanne said...

The wonders of a balcony and a restful breakfast somewhere while traveling. I want to go somewhere now...

PattiKen said...

Breakfast on the balcony overlooking paradise! What could be better?

My entry is up here.

Christine H. said...

I could enjoy that breakfast even without food. Lovely poem, made me feel as if I had been there too.

Unknown said...

I love the last four lines!
Lovely poem.

Wonderful TT post!

Happy Thursday!

Happy TT!

Did you know that I am now hosting a new meme?

Find out more Blog of the Week Please join us for the WEEKEND FUNNIES. Week #2 is this Friday to Sunday (March 19-21).

See you there?

hugs

shakira

UNSPOKEN BREAKFAST FOR THE SOUL Oscar Wilde-The IRISH Gentleman ART OF GENEROSITY

Jaime said...

that's a great picture.