Monday, July 6, 2009

My Yellow Ferry

When Numero Uno (my first grandson, Blake) was a little fellow he lived in the country and a visit to the city was quite exciting. He particularly liked a ferry ride. He looks proud, doesn't he.


And he wore a yellow T-shirt! He must have known
MELLOW YELLOW MONDAY
was on the way.


MY YELLOW FERRY!

You may live 'in a yellow submarine',
But I've a yellow ferry of my own!
And in my yellow T-shirt I'm the Captain of my craft,
And they all salute when I come on the scene!
We'll go back and forth and back and forth enjoying all the waves
Across the Hunter River in a trice.
You may live 'in a yellow submarine'
But I think my Yellow Ferry's twice as nice!


An historical ferry here:


10 comments:

Miranda said...

Aww how cute is he? Nice shot!

quilly said...

As a Ferry Captain he has the right air of command, but I still worry just a bit about his experience ....

Tess said...

He looks sooo cute with his hat and his yellow shirt and of course the boat behind him.

Martha said...

Cute, great Mellow Yellow picture!
My Mellow Yellow Monday - Goes to Philly

Nukke said...

A ferry ride is always an adventure !!!! :) Cute pic !

ItaJeff said...

He is so cute :-)
Happy Monday

Lots of luv,
Ita

Nedekcir said...

Aww, that is cute.

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a sweet child. I love his yellow shirt. You could find him in a crowd should he wander.

maryt/theteach said...

Wonderful posts Rinkley!I love the little guy with the yellow shirt! Happy Mellow Yellow Monday! :)

Kat said...

no.... Blake doesn't look like the Captain. He looks like the Owner of that ferry..!!! :)))