Sunday, August 7, 2011

Meant For Each Other



GRANDMA'S GOULASH
supplied the picture!

MEANT FOR EACH OTHER

'Sweetheart! Darling! Please be mine!
Let our necklaces entwine!
Though I may look quite informal,
I am absolutely normal.
I've got egg around my lips
And you have got those metal hips!
Let there be no ifs or buts.
We are just a couple of nuts.'
*
But he finds her ardour wilts;
She much prefers her men on stilts.
*

-------------------------------------------------------------------

CONTRAST

One tends to forget there are layers.
We just look at a 'canvas' sky;
Flat paint on that endless blue
As clouds go drifting by.
But put yourself in a cloud's place!
The streak is above the puff!
In the ether streams of peacefulness;
Underneath a puff of fluff!
And the clouds are endlessly passing
As they roll upon their way.
Not 'ships that pass in the night', maybe;
Just 'clouds that pass in the day.'

*

11 comments:

Grandma's Goulash said...

Despite your protest that it was hard, I find no evidence to support your claim. Your poetic microfiction was perfect and I'm still laughing.

I love to watch clouds and your poetic observation is very apt.

Helen said...

LOL well she'll have to stretch up a bit if she likes her men on stilts! ^__^

Sonia Lal said...

On stilts! LOL Maybe that's because of the metal.

Kay L. Davies said...

Love it, Brenda! But today, for some reason, I like your cloud poem best. "Underneath a puff of fluff" just makes me smile. I'm having a bit of a fluffy day myself.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

SparkleFarkel said...

You are an incredible Succinctly Yours-er! What a rollicking good rhyming time I've had here today! Thanks!

Susan Fobes said...

Your poem cracked me up! What a match for the picture...

Pat said...

Well, he just has to go back to clown college and get a second degree in stilt-walking. I love your clever poetry! ...egg on lips and metal hips...who but you could have thought that up?!

Pooch said...

Always fun to read your clever posts. This one is a hoot! Love those men on stilts!
:)

SJerZGirl said...

This was great!! I loved it. So well put together!

Kim Lehnhoff said...

Great poem...she must like guys who think BIG!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Love your poem! As always, the flow is great; and the "stilts" reference was terrific. Funny!