Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Dragonfly



CARRY ON TUESDAY
asks us to use the words of Rupert Brooke's 'The Soldier'
'If I should die think only this of me...'

THE DRAGONFLY

If I should be a dragonfly,
Knowing I were going to die,
What would my view of Heaven be
As I existed flutteringly?
Would I think of a cloudless blue
With nothing else for me to do
But skim the flowers and the trees
Floating on a personal breeze?
Would I expect to skim and soar
For evermore, for evermore?
The only certainty would be this......
An eternity of endless bliss
Was waiting for me in the sky!
Oh foolish, foolish dragonfly!
*

----------------------------------------------------------


UNIMPORTANT MOMENT!

Unimportant birds in the blue morning sky.
Not worth a single comment.
Pleasure personified! Singing for me! Very important!

9 comments:

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

I enjoyed both poems!

keiths ramblings said...

Clever use of the prompt and a lovely poem. I especially like the word flutteringly!

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

lovely.

Mary said...

Well, a dragonfly's life doesn't seem all that happy to me. WAY too short, but I suppose it does not realize that.

Whitesnake said...

TOMBO, Japanese for dragonfly.
A nice song to!

Unknown said...

Great writes. I love dragonflies & adore that picture:-)

Jess PJ said...

The dragonfly poem was very lovely.

Mike Patrick said...

Dragonfly or angel, we all hope to skim and soar forevermore.

Raine said...

Enjoyed reading the poems and the words used in the dragonfly poem :D