Saturday, October 23, 2010

Dilapidated Dunny!


SCENIC SUNDAY
http://scenicsunday.blogspot.com/

DILAPIDATED DUNNY!

We drove to the orange orchard;
Fruit as far as the eye could see;
Gorgeous golden globes of it
Hanging from every tree.
And there, looking truly rural,
Was a dunny, in disrepair!
It's been many a decade
Since anyone was sitting there!
The corrugated iron was rusty,
There wasn't any door,
Weeds were growing profusely
All over the wooden floor.
But I thought it had a certain charm,
An Australian nonchalance;
It could become an icon,
If it were given half a chance!
*

----------------------------------------------------------------

PLEA!

Is anyone else having problems
Publishing illustrations?
My 'upload' thingy is very slow,
With lots of complications!
Hence this little poem
Which I publish unadorned!
The loss of my illustrations
Is well and truly mourned!
I hope to hear that others
Are all in the same boat!
Otherwise I may be forced,
To send 'Blogmail' a nasty note!
*

7 comments:

geraldgee said...

Plea...Happens to all of us BB.
It helps if you first make your pictures medium or small before you download but I expect you know that.Sorry I cant Rime but I dont have your skill.
Last thought....Whisper "Word Press" into your computer while waiting.

Al said...

That's a beautiful, rural scene.

I like the new Blogger photo upload window, but I find that when I upload several photos at once, it loses all but the first. Next time I want to use one of those photos in a post, clicking on one of the other options (such as "From a URL"), then going back to the Upload window, always brings them back. Strange.

Tammie Lee said...

i love the idea of an old building being an icon. Fun poem, wishing you the best with uploads.

cat said...

It's a little sadening to see the state of it, but it does make a beautiful photo.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

My mum grew up with dunnies like this. When she visited grandma for the weekend, she didn't go to the dunny. There is a dunny in the house for the Number one. We always joke she grew up with one, yet she didn't use it.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Mum died and is buried in Australia. She probably LOl when the dunny she did not want to use becomes an Icon. ( She grew up in Borneo, further to my last comment)

Matty said...

This is truly the first time I saw an outhouse and a poem in the same post. Nice job on both.