Saturday, October 23, 2010

Blue Blurb




BLUE BLURB

The jackets of books are designed to tease.
'Not too much information, please!'
Take the jacket above........ the blue is cool;
But titillation is the rule.
The figure doesn't show its face;
Is the lady shy or in disgrace?
The title is a mystery;
'Blue' is calm, it seems to me.
But 'fire' is hot, suggesting amour
 But it's a forbidden love, for sure.
Is the lady a Nun? Has she turned away? 
Is she mounting the steps to a Church to pray?
Which brings me to the subject of sin!
Oh dear! What mess is the lady in?
It's more intriguing the more I look!
I'll simply have to buy the book!
*
---------------------------------------------------------------




WISH!
(An Acrostic suggested by Acrostics Only)

What shall I wish for? What do I need?
I'll blow on this dandelion seed.
See the umbrellas float on air!
Happy wishes float everywhere!
*

8 comments:

Joyful said...

Wonderful poem to go with such an intriguing book cover. That cover makes me want to read the book ;-)

LV said...

Nice words for Blue Monday.

SmilingSally said...

Good analysis of that blue book cover, Brenda.

Happy Blue Monday!

Donnie said...

Loved the poem. You are so talented and creative. That book cover is intriguing like Joyful said. I was at a loss for words.

☆♥Shydub♥☆ said...

Lovely poem.

Fun Blues ovah here

Auntie E's Garden said...

Great poem, very special indeed. true sometime those covers can pull you in.. buy ME..Buy me.

Jingle said...

that's so beautiful blue wish.

maryt/theteach said...

Great, Brenda! I love the book cover! Thanks for joining up! We'll see how it goes. And of course what you said in your wonderful poem is very true! :)