Friday, October 1, 2010

If Only!


IF ONLY

If only I could change one thing........
Man's reliance on religion.
*
Many will consider that
I am advocating
That our lives become a quagmire of
Sin.
*
On the contrary.
Most humanists I know
Are mild, genial people,
Far removed from
The Wicked,
Who are supposed to end up in Hell!
*
Humanists
Worship
Humanity.
*
They are just as likely
To befriend a stranger,
As someone from their own clan.
*
They think so little of
Organised religion
That they are prepared to
'Live and Let Live'.
*
Analyse that phrase
And realise that it encompasses
Lovingkindness.
*
Lovingkindness.....
*
The most beautiful word in the English language.
*
Without a Hereafter
This world is all we have.
*
Because that is all there is.
*
The rest is fable.
*

----------------------------------------------------------------


AN INDIAN SHAMPOO!

Hibiscus, Rosemary, Indigo
With Aloevera to add that glow.
Amla, Sesame, Fenugreek,
All such delicious words to speak!
Eucalyptus, Mehndi too,
The hair will shine with a brilliant hue!
The words are so lovely that it's quite certain
The hair will be like a silken curtain!
Hibiscus, Rosemary, Indigo.
Hibiscus, Rosemary, Indigo.
*
The Actual Ingredients.

For Colour: hibiscus petals, indigo leaf, beetroot juice, black sesame seeds, mehndi, tea, coffee.
For Conditioning: dry fenugreek seeds, aloevera sap, egg white, eucalyptus oil.
For Nourishing: fresh alma, rosemary leaves, curry leaves.
*

11 comments:

Diane T said...

Delightful poem! I really like it!

Carrie Van Horn said...

Lovingkindness this world could use some more of that....wonderful writing Brenda! :-)

Square Corner said...

Interesting perspective. You take a view that is shared by many. I don't if there is a God. I don't know how to lead my life sometimes. I guess I'm human.

signed...bkm said...

you always right with such perspectivie and thought....very nice write on the subject...bkm

Margaret Gosden said...

If only.... Yes, I like that!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I so love this - my favorite piece of yours so far. Yes, lovingkindness. The world cries out for it. I, too, worry about the division caused by organised religions. There is a big divide between true spirituality and religion.

Love this poem SO MUCH!

Anonymous said...

Man's reliance on organized religion I would love to see changed as well; why can't we Live and Let Live, I mean, in real actual fact rather than just words?? Loved the Indian Shampoo poem, beautiful, you can taste the words and feel them soaking in...

Judy Roney said...

I like live and let live and although I am a part of organized religion (because it strengthens me,a very personal choice) I am very much a live and let live person. It would be nice if all faiths, all peoples, all nations could live and let live. THAT would be utopia.

rch said...

Hi Brenda, that's always been my motto, take care,

Bob

Eileen T O'Neill ..... said...

Brenda,
Your words say it all so honestly.
If only we could all be more humane, to each human, then we might be winning!

Best wishes,
Eileen

Ella said...

Wonderful word; Wonderful poem~