Sunday, October 31, 2010

Blue Barrier


BLUE BARRIER

Something's going on behind the barrier
But I've no idea what I must confess!
I peered to see construction,
Or a difficult obstruction,
But I could only make a stab and guess.
*
Was it put there to delight a passing artist
Who desired a 'colour-wash' to set a scene?
Did it protect the tree,
Which, as far as I could see,
Was wonderfully sturdy and quite green.
*
Ah well, I'll just accept it as peculiar,
And move off again just wandering on my way.
But my Blog will benefit
From the colour scheme of it,
I needed something blue for my Blue Day.
*

-----------------------------------------------------------


REALLY?

Coca-Cola is something that most of us have seen,
But did you know that, in the past, it was coloured green!
*
Mohammed is the favourite name for little boys at birth;
There are more Mohammeds that anyone else on earth!
*
You've used it when you've chattered; you've used it when you've sung;
The strongest muscle that you've got is the one we call the tongue.
*
Butterflies taste nectar with the bottoms of their feet;
That's why the insides of their shoes always taste so sweet!
*
It's been proved that elephants don't know how to jump!
If they could it's certain that they wouldn't be so plump!
*
So stop looking as puzzled as the fellow at the top!
You can look relieved instead for this is where I
STOP!
*

1 comment:

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

wow,
what blue barriers.
you think deep,
what a fantastic dig.

Happy Halloween.
Potluck week 8 theme is Halloween, hope to see you in tomorrow evening.
cheers.