Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Fancy

                            Brenda Bryant


A FANCY

I fancied I saw you standing there!
It was just a passing glance!
I found myself in the self-same spot
But what a different circumstance!
Last year we strolled by the water;
Last year I held your hand;
The future lay before us
Like a route-map we had planned.
Then, suddenly, you left me
Without an explanation!
I was never to know your reasons,
Or your future destination!
Since then, this recurring fancy!
You're forever on my mind.
My eyes are always focussing,
Though they say that love is blind.
I see a certain turn of head,
A shadow on a wall,
And instantly I think 'It's her!'...
But it isn't you at all!
I could swear I saw you on the bridge!
For a second I thought you waved!
But it was just my inward eye
Seeing the love I craved.
*

--------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Sisters. Blue Mountains. NSW.

THE THREE SISTERS

Meehni, Wimlah and Gunnedoo were three sisters, led astray,
For they fell in love with three forbidden men.
This caused a fearful battle between warring tribes, they say,
For such battles seemed to happen now and then.
The three girls were in danger so at last they were transformed
By a witchdoctor! He turned them into stone!
And now you know the way in which these pinnacles were formed.
(And that's a fact that isn't widely known!)
*

15 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Great reflections and words to match as always, Brenda! Hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend!

Sylvia

Margaret Gosden said...

An interesting reflection on life, and love. So gad you didn't jump in!

Inger-M said...

Ohhh, I love the Three Sisters shot! I've been there, and it brings back wonderful memories! Happy weekend!

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Il riflesso sull'acqua è di grande effetto.
Mi piace molto questa immagine riflessa.
Buona giornata :)
Myriam

Joe Todd said...

For just a second I thought I saw Banksia men running across the bridge.. LOL

MarieElizabeth said...

I love the poem and the photo, very sweet.

Active Afternoon said...

Great blog Brenda

Anonymous said...

Lovely shot of the bridge.. great capture. And the poem.. did you write those? Pretty simple.. and sweet.. =)

Anyway, here's mine for Scenic Sunday.. please check it out and drop a comment. Thanks a bunch.. =)

http://neneleah30.blogspot.com/2010/10/beach-scenic-sunday.html

Unknown said...

Nice post.

My entry is here

eyeography said...

"A Fancy" and "The Three Sisters" both are amazing..
Love the names of the three sisters... :)

Ramesh Sood said...

Your poems are alwyas very beautiful.. I enjoy reading.. thanks once again for a good feast of words.. wonderful...

Sherri B. said...

Bravo! Both poems were lovely.

Teresa said...

These are both great poems. I especially love the first one--wondering about the what might have been.

Tammie Lee said...

some people have this effect on us...
I hope you see her someday. Wonderful piece for fancy.

Patti said...

Wow- the first poem captured what is in my mind as of late. Couldn't have said it better myself...