Friday, October 22, 2010

High and Mighty!


HIGH AND MIGHTY!

Why should I stand as a mirror,
Reflecting the likes of you?
I was meant to be predominant
The smartest thing in view!
Yet I can see you revelling
At the way the passers-by
Remark on your silly reflection,
Etched on the bright blue sky.
It isn't as though you're elegant,
And you're even rather old!
While I'm all sleek modernity,
All shimmering and bold!
Representing noble symmetry,
I give everyone the proof
That there shouldn't be bits and pieces
Cluttering-up a roof!
Look at you! So untidy!
Your windows all over the place!
You think you enhance the city!
I think you're a disgrace!
But what really makes me angry,
As angry as can be,
Is that I am the most important!
You should be reflecting me!
*

--------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
GO TO SPELL!
The Spellcheck is American! Of all the bloomin' cheek!
It treats my English spelling as something of a freak!
Remember! We once colonised a large part of the earth!
Yet now the Yanks are sneering at the language of my birth!
Yes, just because my Google Blog originates 'over there'
It's treating me as second-class and it simply isn't fair!
They're taking-over cyberspace and it just won't do at all!
That beastly crinkly thin red line is driving me up the wall!
It doesn't like my charming 's' in words like 'customise',
I find it's constant nagging is making my hackles rize!
(It needs cutting down to sise!)
*





2 comments:

Unknown said...

a mighty mirror for a mighty reflection, lovely find.

Kathe W. said...

and then there are those who spell in their own incredible way!
Hilarious post!