Monday, July 19, 2010

Why Did the Chicken?



MELLOW YELLOW MONDAY
http://mellowyellowmonday.blogspot.com/

 
WHY DID THE CHICKEN?

Is it my mind or is this rude!
(Sometimes childish thoughts intrude!)
In any case, this little hen
Has strayed into the ways of men.
The 'yellow line' when it is straddled
Looks like egg-yolk that's been addled!
She struck a pose, the camera clicked
And now she finds that she's been tricked!
The chicken crossed to the other side
But she didn't look too dignified!
*

-------------------------------------------------------------------


OBSERVISING!
An Acrostic
(Not a mis-print but a new word)

Odder and odder! The world's gone mad!
Behold a word we never had!
Supervising is quite alright;
Even correcting an oversight.
Regarding something is commonplace.
Very rarely out of place.
I've never heard of observising!
So seeing it was quite surprising!
It's human nature to watch and view
Now one word has been made from two!
Goodness! Did we really need it?
I can hardly bear to read it!
*

4 comments:

RAJI MUTHUKRISHNAN said...

Ha ha ha! The chicken does look confused.

Liz said...

Great post! I agree with Raji, it looks confused.

Happy MYM.

Liz @ MLC

Gayle said...

I think your chicken prose is my favorite of yours yet! What a great photo, too!

Lesley said...

Oh sh@t, where am I? Poor chook.