Thursday, July 15, 2010

Musical Madness







MUSICAL MADNESS

Though we're all a little past it......some of us more than others,
And destined for our rocking-chairs, like all serene grandmothers,
We like to join in harmony and sing a cheerful song
To brighten up 'the old folks' when their days are dull and long.
We're normally quite sensible, singing ballads soft and sweet,
But Lois (she's our pianist) thought-up a special treat!
'I know!' she said (Eureka style!) ' I've thought of something grand!
Let's all dress up and feature 'Alexander's Ragtime Band!'
So now we're all in funny hats, with instruments as well,
Though we're not too clever with them, pretty awful, truth to tell.
The tambourines  and triangles go 'Clash' and 'Ting' together,
While marakas simply go quite mad, going hell for leather!
We've lost our inhibitions! We've broken a Golden Rule......
Old ladies should be sensible and never play the fool!
*
They talk about second childhood; well, don't dread it anyone!
When you're actually 'in' it you'll have a lot of fun.
*
I have to say I wonder whether the audience has fun!
But they're hauled-in willy-nilly and there's nowhere they can run!
*
-------------------------------------------------------------------


CAPITAL PUNISHMENT.


Growing old is such a joy!
It allows one to annoy
Ignoring other people's regulations!
Take the rules surrounding letters!
I'm told, quite often, by my betters
'Capitals are unmannerly creations!'
*
'When writing emails' so they say
'Don't let Capitals have their way!
You'll be a Flamer and no-one will like you!
You'll be considered very rude
Quite illiterate and crude'.
Well, my friends, so how do those words strike you?
*
I'd really rather like to know
Who made this rule so long ago,
Who sat down and devised this little law?
Some nit-wit in computer school
Said 'I know! Let's make up a rule
While emails are still very new and raw!
*
Let's see how we can do our worst!
Let's ban the Capital letters first
Then move-on to some other mean restriction!'
And now the whole world toes the line
As all emailers combine
Fearing they'll cause some inter-active friction!
*
Well, I'm what's known as 'getting on';
My inhibitions have all gone.
'DO YOUR WORST!' I scream with gay abandon.
"Capital letters I enjoy
I'm also aiming to annoy,
AND I JUST DON'T CARE WHOSE SILLY RULES I STAND ON!"
*

2 comments:

Kay said...

I DON'T CARE EITHER! HA-HA! GOOD ONE!

Kay said...

I DON'T CARE EITHER! HA-HA! GOOD ONE!