Friday, November 4, 2011

Better


SIX WORD FRIDAY
http://melissacamarawilkins.com

Six letters, six words, six lines.

BETTER
(An Acrostic)

Babies don't fight to be best
Even better than all the rest.
They don't set themselves a goal
They just play a baby role.
Every baby just strives to be
Ready for living, one, two, three.
*
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




REJOICING!

'To Rejoice' means to enjoy again
The bliss that is the support of thin air;
The bliss that is the security of upstretched hands.
*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute and so true! I have finally written another poem this week, but not about babies.

Beverly said...

You've captured babies perfectly. Each word gives me a smile.

My favorite is Rejoicing! My husband and I have been married 41 years. I often describe those years as 41 years of wedded bliss. Some people laugh, but I mean those words. We have a blessed marriage, and we rejoice daily. Thank you for capturing the love.♥

Adrienne said...

I really like this poem ~ oh that we could learn from children the art of no comparison!

Melissa Camara Wilkins said...

Parents need to learn this lesson--
the babes already know it well!
:)