Monday, November 7, 2011

The Challenge


GRANDMA'S GOULASH
requires a VERY brief account

THE CHALLENGE

Hi Gretchen! What a  game!
What a perfect chance!
Now we can get  drunk
And enjoy a dance!
I'll quench my thirst!
Who will fall down first!
(140 characters)
*
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


QUILL

What will you write today, feathery pen?
Will you write of days in the garden once again?
Will you scrawl on the fence in your usual way
'I had a beautiful day today!
The sun was warm and the grass was long,
The birds enchanted me with their song.
I felt so green, so tall, so straight;
There was so much beauty to contemplate!'
What will you write today, feathery pen?
Will you write of days in the garden once again?
*

7 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

"Who will fall down first?"
Sigh. I remember the days, but those weren't the "good" old days, not atallatall.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

Maude Lynn said...

"Quill" is so lovely!

SparkleFarkel said...

Gretchen and her podner are my kind of people: if they get the chance to dance, THEY DANCE!

Have a wonderful week,
SparkleFarkle~~~~~*

P.S. Falling down's an option?! LOL!

Grandma's Goulash said...

Ah, the suspense. Will they finish the wine in the bottles before they fall?

I love the images that Quill evokes. Very lovely.

Pooch said...

Very cute take on the dancers. How long will they hold each other up? What a sight!
:)

SJerZGirl said...

I had a similar concept idea but couldn't come up with a sufficiently brief way to express it. As it is, I hit 150 instead of 140. LOL I have WAY too much to say, apparently.

S K Ditta said...

"SY" begs the question: Dancing or tipsy?

"Quill" is simple, beautiful, flow of thought. Very nice!