Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Alone


RUBY TUESDAY

ALONE

Sometimes it's good to be alone
To think of happiness you've known.
To live again the days gone past,
Wishing they had not gone so fast.
Not to lose oneself in sorrow,
Nor to rail against the morrow,
But to give thanks for well-lived days,
And simply to stand awhile and gaze.
*
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                 Gerald Gee

NO MAN IS AN ISLAND

I am a feminist through and through but I'm hopelessly impractical
So how do I accomplish things? Well it's often problematical.
First catch the husband off his guard, admitting work is needed,
Then pounce, suggesting time and place, to ensure your words are heeded.
The conversations go like this......' That bush is in the wrong place.'
'I'll move it sometime' (that is him, with a bored look on his face.)
Three days later 'I thought you said that bush should be over there?'
His response....'Did I say that?' Mine.....'Yes, I was there.'
Several days later I remark 'What a lovely sunny day!
The perfect day to move that bush!' (See how I get my way!)
'I don't think it needs moving!' Is this a rear-guard action?
'You said it did!' Oh dearie me! He's making a retraction!
'Oh for goodness sake!' He's rather peeved, but picking up a spade!
The bush is moved! The deed is done! The situation's saved!.
But look at the yellow island to see what happens next!
No wonder the poor old husband is looking a little vexed!

7 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

I cherish time alone.
And my husband never volunteers for anything, and never admits to anything. So nothing gets done.
— K

Cheryl said...

Lovely picture of time alone. I love looking at the ocean anytime.

Jama said...

the view there is so gorgeous, I don't mind being all alone to enjoy them!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Is that a photo of you alone, contemplating the sea?

CLAD IN RED

Whenas in red my Julia’s clad,
Then, then (methinks) she’s wicked bad—
Like Hester Prynne, but not so sad.

Next, when I cast mine eyes and see
Those crimson skirts flow full and free,
Her sweet seductions taketh me!


(With apologies to Robert Herrick, 1591-1674)

© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Red Lichen

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely photo ~ Fun comic ~perfect for RT ~ namaste, Carol (A Creative Harbor)

ruma said...

Hello, Rinkly Rimes.

 The graceful sense wraps your artworks.

 Thank you World-wide love and, encouragement.

The traditional kimono children, it is celebrated growth.

vivid colored leaves, in lovely atmosphere.

The prayer for all peace.
I wish You all the best.

Have a good day.
Greetings.
From Japan, ruma ❀

Leah H. said...

That is the "me time", we all need that:)

Visiting a bit late for Ruby Tuesday! Hope you can visit me too:)

http://www.loveablecassandra.com/2011/11/watching-tv-with-her-new-red-shoes.html