Monday, November 14, 2011

High Rise


WRITING IN THE BUFF
asks us for a very short story inspired by the above illustration

HIGH RISE

'I live in a waterside property,
And it is several storeys high.'
My love wrote these words in his letter
And I am sure he would never lie.
(140 characters)
*
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


TECHNOCAT

When the world is too much with you
And you don't know where you're at;
Emails, Facebook, Twitter, Ipod!
Emulate this little cat!
Let somebody rub your tummy!
Let somebody stroke your paws!
Drift off in ecstatic now-ness!
Sheath those sharp computer claws!
*
Technology's all very well!
But nature casts a potent spell!
*

4 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I love those blue boats!

Happy Blue Monday, Brenda.

Marie said...

i love that cat already! ♥

Hopping from Blue Monday!
Call me "GREEDY!"

Kim, USA said...

The first photo reminds me of the Philippines. Along the river you can see these high rising houses made of sheet or plywood.

Finding Yellow & Blue

Anonymous said...

Great quick poem and awesome blue boats by the waterside. I inadvertently rhymed the caption under my second photo on my post and thought about your rhymes. Fun. And, great post on the cat - love the verse about sheathing the claws! Too cute. Thanks, Jenn