Monday, January 10, 2011

Incredible Edible!




MICROFICTION
http://www.stonyriver.ie/
A story in very few words!

INCREDIBLE EDIBLE!

Can't you see! I'm a hungry moth!
Can't you see! I'm full of wrath!
I don't want you!
Just your coat of blue!
It's made of very edible cloth!
*
----------------------------------------------------------------

VERY SMALL MICE!
('The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse')

Town Mouse? Sophisticated.
Country Mouse? Addle-pated!
T.M. tries a rural retreat;
Finds the city's hard to beat.
C.M. takes a trip to town;
Finds the traffic gets him down.
Moral? Stick with what you've got.
Be happy in your chosen spot.
And if you want the story longer
You'll have to make the plot much stronger!
*
 

4 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

Excellent microfiction, Brenda. And I like the mouse poem, too, especially the last two lines. :)
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

very funny, love the rhyming. I wasn't expecting the edible cloth. Very nicely written.

jabblog said...

Excellent - I hadn't thought of the destructive tendency of moths.
I love the tale of two mice, too - very neat :-)

Karen said...

I had not thought of the moth's favorite meal, great take on that angle! :>