Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Water, Water Everywhere


WATERY WEDNESDAY

WATER, WATER EVERYWHERE

Water, water everywhere, yes, even from the sky,
For this is a wet summer in a land that's often dry.
But here you see the Hunter River, with coal ships out and in,
And, beyond, there is the ocean, where wild waves make a din.
 Watery places everywhere, and we are so glad of them.
Lake and river, ocean too. We absolutely love them.
*
-----------------------------------------------------------------





ONLY THE BEST


I eat at the very best restaurants, where the food is completely divine.
And, today, I found a new place where I could go to dine.
The chefs were Max and Harry and the food was plasticine
And the plates were delightful colours, blue and red and green.
Harry made me sausages, complete with tomato sauce
And Max cooked me a little pink fish, ocean-fresh, of course.
Max also gave me ice-cream on a lovely crimson plate
And Harry's neat banana dish was absolutely great.
Outside it was raining  but who cares about rain
When one finds the perfect restaurant?
I think I'll go there again.
*



6 comments:

Deb said...

what a fun post....

Kris McCracken said...

Good times!

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Great post! Thank you for your visit to my blog. I am sure you will enjoy visiting our city, it has much to offer and lots to see!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Now you are getting too much water again.

Cheryl Cato said...

I'm glad you had a fun Australia Day even if it was a wet one. You folks in Australia love the rain as much as we drought-stricken Texans!

genie said...

Sorry I am so late commenting this week. Your post is wonderful. The poetry and and picture are so nice. You have put a smile on the face of the tired old lady tonight. genie