Sunday, January 22, 2012

Motive for Murder

The Wordle


THE SUNDAY WHIRL
asks us to use all the words in the Wordle

MOTIVE FOR MURDER!

I'm the older of two sisters,; my name, I fear, is Maude.
My features in the mirror, are pallid, plain and broad.
My little sister, Rosalie, is pretty as can be,
And ever since that girl was born I've suffered jealousy.
Our story is the age-old one; envy has turned to hate.
And even more so since Benedict has asked her for a date.
She's crushed my dream. The scattered shards of what was once my heart
Are racking me with bitterness and tearing me apart.
Look there! I see them whispering! My instinct is to pry.
I'm ashen-faced and sorrowful and I'm sure she guesses why.
She has a knack of hurting me! Look at that mocking smile!
Though scalding tears run down my cheeks, giving-in is not my style.
I feel the urge to destroy them both. So how much will it take
To go out to his motor-car and disengage the brake?
*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAD KANE
gave us the first line of this limerick

A man with a very full plate,
Was so hungry he just couldn't wait!
He tossed off the lot
But the food was so hot
He simply could not masticate!
*

4 comments:

vivinfrance said...

How corrosive jealousy can be. An excellent wordle and an indigestible limerick :-)

vivinfrance said...

Wicked wordle, laughing at your limerick!

Kat said...

do unto others as you would like others to do unto you

perhaps just hide the car keys, instead of loosening the brake ;-)))

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Thanks for your fun contribution to this week's Limerick-Off. And congratulations! You've won an Honorable Mention in last week's Limerick-Off Great job!