Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Rejected Ideas


IN-FORM POET
asks us to write a rime couee
8 8 8 6 8 6 syllables

REJECTED IDEAS

When I try my hand at writing,
My ideas seem so inviting!
Then I fear they all start fighting,
To be the one I choose.
One flame only I am lighting;
The others I refuse.
*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIE HARD

An empty pair of shoes!
Not any other clues!
And yet, because they're red,
There's a whole lot being said!
Yes! I might have guessed it!
Shedding of blood's suggested!
Where are the legs and feet
Or the body all complete?
There's a mosaic floor;
The sense of an opened door.
'Die-hard' is just a phrase
Meaning 'sticking to old ways',
But there's no hyphen here;
'Die Hard' suggests there's fear,
Murder, revenge and crime!
(And probably not in rhyme!)
The title's written small;
It's hardly there at all!
So, come on, take a look
Inside this exciting book!
*

2 comments:

Kat said...

Ooooooooh... If our Bollywood spots you, they'd love to have you. You can spin a poemic-story from a mere picture..!!!

RJ Clarken said...

I just love what you did with the Rime Couée! Brilliant!

Also, not sure I'll look at my red shoes quite the same way again, ;D