Thursday, January 26, 2012

Companionable Silence


BLACK AND WHITE

COMPANIONABLE SILENCE

I don't know about you, but I often lapse
Into the little world of  'perhaps'.
When I see a scene like this
I ask 'Is this a scene of bliss
Or something rather less appealing,
Involving that old boredom feeling?
Of course, they may not know each other.
Of course, they could be sister and brother.
They may be glancing above their books,
Giving each other 'come-hither' looks!
One of them may just feel disdain
Thinking 'Oh no! Not him again!'
Or are they a couple of long-standing
Leading a life that's undemanding.
'Let's go to the top deck and have a read;
Peace and quiet is what we need.'
They may be a wildly passionate couple
In the cabin! All young and supple!
No, on second thoughts, I doubt it;
I'm inclined to think they do without it!
I don't know about you, but I often lapse
Into the little world of 'perhaps'.

*
---------------------------------------------------------------


 MY LIPS ARE SEALED!

Well, Little Petal! How are you?
Bet you've heard a thing or two!
Come on! Spill the beans, my dear!
Tell me something I'd like to hear!
It will never be revealed!
I promise you, my lips are sealed!
*

No comments: