Sunday, January 29, 2012

Indignity

MAD KANE

incited me to write this vulgar limerick
She supplied the first line.

INDIGNITY

A woman was trying to lead
A dog of a very smart breed
When the dog got the urge
And rushed up the verge
Cocked its leg up a tree and then pee-ed. 
*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


WAZZAT?

It slid quietly down the stairs
And settled itself on the carpet.
It was multicoloured,
Flat, throbbing with life,
And infinitely strange.
The boy looked at it fearfully.
"Wozzat?'
'Don't be afraid!' I chortled.
'It's only sunlight!'
But the boy knew better than I did.
He knew that he was face to face with magic.
He knew he was right to be afraid.
I saw in him a man of ancient times
Trying to make sense of it all.
Positioning rocks to capture the sun
On Midsummer's Day.
The echo of my voice
Sounded banal.
'It's only sunlight!'
The echo of his two-year-old voice
Sounded aware,
Worshipful.
'Wozzat?'
*

2 comments:

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

LOL! Blaming me, huh? Very nice actions! :)

Thanks for joining in on this week's Limerick-Off!

I also enjoyed Wazzat!

Kay L. Davies said...

I just love little children when they discover something, like sunlight shining through a stained-glass window. Watching them learn is the very best thing about children, although they're very often cuddly, too.
K