Thursday, January 19, 2012

Syl-la-bles



THE PURPLE TREE-HOUSE
http://purpletreehouse.blogspot.com
wants us to work with syllables


SYLL-A-BLES

Let
Us try
To create
A line or two
Of new poetry.
Any old thing will do.
Syllables must be counted.
Allow me to start with  a few.
Then let all the syllables increase.
And when I get to ten then I will cease!
*
----------------------------------------------------------------




NEWS FLASH!


PROBLEM GAMBLING


Poker machines are in the news.
Should people be allowed to lose
As much as they like? Or should there be
A curb on gambling insanity?
Children go hungry, so we're told
In the insatiable search for gold.
On the other hand, clubs do good, too,
With their tremendous revenue.
There are many varying views,
As Australians see on the TV News.
*

2 comments:

Jack Edwards Poetry said...

Love the form in the fist poem. I really want to try one of those myself. Also a great use of rhyme in the second.

Here is my entry: http://www.jackedwardspoetry.blogspot.com/2011/12/sorry-performance-poem.html

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

love the first one , the shape is lovely,

:)