Sunday, April 1, 2012

Snorkled!




GRANDMA'S GOULASH
asks for a VERY short story

SNORKLED!

Hair done, smart-style;
Lipstick applied, great smile.
Then it all came to grief!
They went snorkling on the Reef.
Lost chance!
No romance!
(140 characters)
*
---------------------------------------------------------------------



BROKEN KALEIDOSCOPE

There was a time
When I looked at life
Through my kaleidoscope.
Everything was neatly segmented.
The blues revolved around the edges,
The greens drew neat triangles,
The pinks and reds merged
Symmetrically.
Make a turn
And everything fell into place
Predictably.
I knew where I was going.
I knew it was all up to me;
I was in charge.
I would decide what, when, where.
It would all work out.
Those with messy lives
Had only themselves to blame.
And then you left me.
And my kaleidoscope
Broke.
The beads are there
But the patterns are misbehaving.
And a broken kaleidoscope
Can never be fixed.
*



4 comments:

Jim said...

Hi R&R, I'm here for Succintly Yours but first your poem. I love it! As owner of a 'load-the-marble koleidoscop I can respect the last verse. Yes the "beads are there," and that's it!

Now your Succintly Yours poem. It was probably a bad decision for them to go snorkeling hoping for romance. I don't know what would be better though?
..
BTW, I also have a disaster!
..

Pat said...

Hahahaha...I would NEVER have gone snorkeling in the early days of a relationship! I confess..the photo is of me, a vain person.

I loved your Broken Kaleidoscope poem. I too thought I knew where I was going at age 22 and my kaleidoscope broke when I was 23. But I started over with a new kaleidoscope. Wonderful poems!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Funny MF. I've felt that way a time or two myself, like on my honeymoon after primping for a night out and we got caught in the rain. LOL My hubby didn't care, but I did!

Broken Kaleidoscope is excellent. Apt comparison, though rather sad at the end.

Grandmas Goulash said...

This one would make a great case for permanent makeup. The hair, of course, is another story.