Monday, April 9, 2012

Little Girl




RUBY TUESDAY

LITTLE GIRL

I can't remember the baby's name!
But I do know her claim to fame.
She's Trevor's great-grandchild, a female one;
She's a daughter and not a son.
When Trevor wrote (and gave her name)
He said 'All babies look the same'
I wrote back and said 'No fear!
This is a girl that we have here!
It's very clear that she is sweet,
Dainty, girlish and petite.
She isn't butch or square of jaw,
She's a girl without a flaw.'
(Mind you, there's something I must confess.......
I had noticed the pretty red dress.)

PS Sorry, Trevor! I zapped your email as soon as I'd downloaded the photo and I didn't note the name! BB

*
----------------------------------------------------------------------


CHINA
(An Acrostic)

Countless millions, thronging, thronging.
Humanity galore!
Imagine if you were belonging!
Now there'd be one more!
All that Science! All that Art!
A country like a world apart.
*

7 comments:

Kim, USA said...

She is so cute and adorable.


RT

namaki said...

A cute little ruby doll !

Dianne said...

so sweet in her red dress
wonderful poem

Liz said...

She's so cute! Love the poems.

Lollipos

Jessica said...

awww! so precious and pretty girl in her red dress :-) give her a kiss from me :-) Dropping by from RT2.

http://www.homecookingwithjessy.com/how-do-you-like-your-coffee/

LindyLouMac said...

Calling by today as A Ruby Tuesday participant, cute entry.

Leah H. said...

Oh, so adorable. Beautiful baby..

Visiting for Ruby Tuesday2 - hope you can stop by:)

http://www.mommys4seasonsjourney.com/2012/04/going-to-the-park.html