Thursday, April 19, 2012

Land of Dreams.


MONOCHROME

LAND OF MY DREAMS.
To be sung to the tune of Ivor Novello's 'Long Long Trail'


There's a short steep path a-winding
Down to the home of my dreams
Which is not a high and mighty place
 But small, it seems.
Though it's not the standard mansion,
I am quite sure it will do,
For I'll sit and gaze across the lake,
And all my dreams will come true.
*
------------------------------------------------------------------



IN THE RED!


Just two hours from Sydney, Newcastle's on the coast;
'Big enough but small enough' that's our city's boast.
It's big enough to satisfy our every social need,
But small enough to be friendly, very friendly indeed.
We travel down to Sydney if we want sophistication;
The train is fairly comfortable and we're close to the station.
But for friendship, ease and sunshine I can clearly state
That Newcastle, my home town is absolutely great.
*

No comments: