Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Too Ruddy Sweet!



TOO RUDDY SWEET!

Some look at offerings such as this
And think the plate resembles bliss!
They salivate with rounded eyes
And a look of greed they can't disguise!
Gateaux fill them with desire,
Setting taste-buds all a-fire.
Cakes with icing make them drool,
They long to taste each molecule!
'Gimme Sugar!' is their cry.
'If I don't get it I shall die!
Let the syrup stain my fingers,
So that the residue just lingers!
Let me lick my lips awhile,
Savouring my sugary smile!'
*
I find such attitudes extreme!
I am repelled by clotted cream!
I stand by, not understanding
The dreadful sweetness they're demanding.
Although I might appear most rude,
I'd reject the pictured food.
Strawberries I like quite well,
But only when au naturelle!
You can keep the 'sweetmeats' such as these.
All I want is
CHEESE!
CHEESE!
CHEESE!
*

Another mealtime dilemma here:




15 comments:

Auntie E said...

Yummy..

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Strawberry cheesecake,
your sugary decadence
tantalizes me.

My Ruby Tuesday

Andy Sewina said...

Dead good! I love the cheesey bit!!

Linda Jacobs said...

I'm totally with you! I hate sweets! They turn my stomach! I thought I was the only one. Glad to know there are others out there like me!

Wicked cool poem!

Lilibeth said...

Sadly enough. I resemble your characters...but I like the strawberries and cream and cheese too. Woe is me!

linda may said...

Well written Brenda, as is usual of you, but I have that naughty sweet tooth. Oh dear.

Catherine Denton said...

What a fun poem! Although, *blush* I must admit to being in the sweet-toothed clan.

Beth Camp said...

Your poem was delightful. Let the food wars begin! I know the secret of making a baked cheesecake so fresh the creamy topping melts in your mouth. I would bake such a treat once a year and remember with delight.

tone almhjell said...

Haha, very funny! Not with you, though. It feels like I spend a lot of time *not* buying cake.

Annie Jeffries said...

Honestly, I think the only thing better than strawberry cheesecake is Strawberry over FRIED cheesecake. Absolutely sublime.

Americanising Desi said...

may i say i m actually droooooooooling ;)

I am sorry for the late arrival to Sunday Scribblings but I had to pay you a visit :)

Happy SS

Extreme 'Caution'

Breigh said...

Ok I'm definitely adding to the pool of drool going on here. Cheesecake ooooh my favorite!!

Here's my Sweet post!

Kim, USA said...

Cheesecake!! I won't let it pass by lol!! Happy Easter!


Sweets

Scott Law said...

I like the sweet and the cheese. Great take on the theme.

Lisa said...

Yum.

But I must say that strawberries over a crumbly rich shortcake is the way to go.

:-)

Great take on the theme.