Saturday, October 24, 2009

One Man's Meat



COLOUR CARNIVAL


ONE MAN'S MEAT

'One man's meat is another man's poison!'
I've heard that said and I'm sure that it's true.
This sort of pattern does nothing for me!
It may be the last word in fashion for you!
I remember the seventies! Weren't they just awful!
The things that we wore were devoid of all taste!
The obvious colours competing for dominance!
The bright repeat-patterns we gladly embraced!
And now they've come back again! Can you believe it!
The High Street's awash with the same garish stuff.
I've lived long enough to see hist'ry repeated!
But the seventies! Surely just once was enough!
*


More of the roundabout of fashion here:


6 comments:

Unknown said...

(lol)i say the same for the 80's fashion. i love the colors of the 70's.:p

Martha said...

I saw someone wearing something almost just like this yesterday at work!

Jama said...

I love the colors! It's would be perfect for our traditional Malay attire.

Coffeedoff said...

Erm! Did we really dress like that? I t is colourful though!

Mary said...

Very colorful but not something I wore then, nor something I would wear now. Great shot for Color Carnival though.

Linda :) said...

It's perfect for the Color Carnival... lol... :)