Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Frenzy!





MONDAY MAYHEM
Topic

FRENZY

'The City is in
A Frenzy of excitement!
Their team has won!'
*
'I rushed around in a Frenzy
Tidying the house.'
*
'It's been a Frenzy
Of activity here lately!'
*
What an example of
A trivialised word!
*
The dictionary
Is wiser.
'Frenzy; intense, wild, compulsive madness.'
*


Laura Jane Evans
*
'In a Frenzy
They rushed for the Exit!'
*
'The sharks
Encircled the small fish
In a feeding Frenzy.'
*
These I will allow.
Though it is hardly mad
To seek an escape
Or
To have a good feed!
*
Fractals,
Surely the most lucid of artistic expressions,
Since no wild splurgings of paint
Are involved,
Express Frenzy beautifully.
*


Nodakami
*
See the mind
Trying to break through,
To make sense,
To unravel!
*
See the meaningless strands
And feathers and wings.
Hear the screech!
*
I can.
*

Mr Mandelbrot himself here:
http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2008/07/75-perpetual-pattern.html


6 comments:

Margaret Gosden said...

I seem to be following you into the future again, being the first to comment on Frenzy! I am working in a frenzy to catch up on all my contacts, still! You should see my name all over the place, trying to
re-establish my good name and assure people that I am not stranded on a cold park bench in a London park! Unravelling and reconnecting - its a frenzy fest!
Drink a nice glass of Merlot with me tonight!

geraldgee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rinkly Rimes said...

Well, I'm afraid I have to leave you alone together! No-one else has turned-up!

Mariana Soffer said...

Great post, a little frenzy dough, maybe slower would have been even better. LOL. I loved the poem, you read it and become frenzy yourself, and I liked the things that you mention are frenzy such as fractals and dictionaries.
Check my blog if you want, in some post I talk about them.
Bye and take care.

annies home said...

is this a weekly meme as well as I would love to find one that plays on words

Jinksy said...

Oh, yes I have - but who/what is Nodakami, please?