Sunday, October 11, 2009

Two Fat Frogs



TWO FAT FROGS

The ghosts of two fat frogs*
Were drifting down the street
Said Fat Frog One to Fat Frog Two
'How lucky we should meet!'
Said Fat Frog Two 'Let's reminisce!
Lets talk about the past!
Life was a pretty good jaunt , my friend,
But it wasn't made to last!'
Said Fat Frog One 'You were there by me
In that jelly-like frog-spawn!
I remember how we both remarked
It was time for being born!'
'Yes! I recall' said Fat Frog Two
Our callow tadpole days!
How we lost our tails and grew some legs!
We changed in so many ways!'
'Then we were frogs' said Fat Frog One,
'And we swam in eddies and swirls
Looking terribly macho as I recall,
So glad that we weren't girls!
You and I sat on the lily pads
And caught fresh dragon-flies,
And watched our female counterparts
With our big fat googly eyes.!'
Said Fat Frog Two 'Yes, life was good.
But far too short, my friend!
I recall those two big herons
That brought it to an end!'
*
*Garbage bins in disguise!


Human ghosts here:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I guess they kinda look like froggie shadows...fun poem, Brenda :)

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

Ah! Garbage bins!! I could not figure out what they were and started to think that they were luggage.
Very clever, both the image and most especially, the prose.

Maurice Lauher said...

found the shadowly frogs after all - very nice and a clever idea

Crafty Green Poet said...

very clever shadow shot! Certainly made me smile!

Happily Retired Gal said...

Delightful post in all respects. I do love your creative view and talent with words & images ;--)
Hugs and blessings