Tuesday, October 20, 2009

In Print





THAT'S MY WORLD
http://showyourworld.blogspot.com/
IN PRINT


The world is full of hobbies. Have you noticed? Mine is verse!
And I think that we human-beings could do a great deal worse
Than having a fixation, a passion, a desire!
It could be breeding budgerigars or singing in a choir;
Collecting butterflies, maybe, or learning about Crete;
Taking lots of photographs of people in the street!
The list goes on! It's never-ending. We are so diverse.
Some people are into acting and happily rehearse!
I saw the local print-makers had organised a stall
Where they could show their efforts and try to sell them all.
I saw it at the market and I stopped there, passing by
Because the great variety had really caught my eye.
For the fact that we have hobbies we all should give great thanks.
After all if we were 'idle hands' we might start robbing banks!
*

Another great hobby here:
http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2008/09/116-miss-robbyes-hobby.html



10 comments:

B i r g i t t a said...

Thanks for all kinds of hobbies!
Just now photografhing takes all my time :)

Sylvia K said...

Great post and words as always, Brenda!

Have a great week!

Sylvia

Erin said...

yes...idle hands are the devil's workshop...lol.
enjoyed your post.

Photo Cache said...

Right now all my free time are spent blogging, not productive financially though.

www.ewok1993.wordpress.com

marcia@joyismygoal said...

How very nice your hobby can bring a price -my verse could be worse but I will leave the the poetry to the poets

Alan Burnett said...

I once had a phase where I became a passionate collector of lamp posts. Does that count?

eileeninmd said...

So True, great words. Thanks for sharing your world for today.

Martha Z said...

Thanks, you're words remind us that our hobbies are not a waste of time but an important part of our being.

Arija said...

Ah a buddy Henry Lawson...I love your verse.

Oman said...

lovely shot and a perfect verse.