Sunday, December 20, 2009

Santasy!





CARRY ON TUESDAY
http://carryontuesday.blogspot.com/2009/12/blog-post.html

The line in blue is the start of a humorous Xmas poem quoted on the blog above.


SANTASY!

When I was a child I believed in Santa Claus!
It was very easy to believe in him because
I saw him on the Xmas cards, I saw him in the shops,
I saw him by the Xmas trees with angels on the tops.
I believed in him because my parents said that he existed
And the thought of that divine old chap just could not be resisted.
But oh! The let-down in the end when I learned the awful truth!
That he'd only been a fable told to glorify my youth!
I became a hardened cynic at the age of nine or ten.
From then on I always doubted any Mystical Old Men.
I became a Disbeliever, and my instinct is to doubt.
I don't believe a single thing until I've checked it out!

*
 
Back to the days of wonder here:
http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2008/12/234gifts.html

6 comments:

George S Batty said...

Old Grizz is quited chagrinned that a lady of your intelligence would not believe in me or Mr Clause. We both have truth if you know where to look.

Beth Camp said...

Ah, this takes me back to when we wanted to believe. Well done -- with humor and penache!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

what airline is this?

I grew up in a culture where we didn't have santa

Mariana Soffer said...

We all leave paradise sooner or later, like addam and even.

Linda Jacobs said...

Yes, I so remember those days of uncondtional trust and how that gets shattered. A good lesson, though, I suppose.

I like your poem!

keith said...

I saw Santa in a grotto in a shopping mall yesterday so know I KNOW he exists! Thanks for being such a loyal contributor to Carry On Tuesday and have a very happy Christmas.