Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Milky Morning




I call them Milky Mornings, when everything is still,
And the colour's bleached from everything we see.
When cream and grey predominate, and the air is chill,
And they merge together, clouds and sky and sea.
The atmosphere is gentle; the swimmers in the pool
Plough up and down with hardly any sound,
And the baths, which are so colourful and noisy as a rule,
When jolly people bustle all around,
Are peaceful and reflective with their ripples all subdued
And the dazzle banished with the hiding sun.
I love these mornings for they seem to mirror my own mood;
They're a breathing space before the day's begun.
*
Another reflective moment here:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"They're a breathing space..." I like that!

eileeninmd said...

Nice words and photo!

George S Batty said...

this is marvelous. I shall take my milky mornings a little bit more serious

Tussy said...

So huge space!

You Got a Posty

Sylvia K said...

Lovely shot and beautiful words as always, Brenda!

Enjoy your weekend!

Sylvia

Guy D said...

Nice shot Brenda, thanks for sharing.

All the best
Guy
Regina In Pictures