Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cushion-Comfy Cat




This is the cat from Bee Haven Acres! Her owner writes of the bitter winter weather but adds a photograph of the cat under an Infra Red Lamp! Talk about smug!
CUSHION COMFY CAT

I'm Ella Bella with my Infra-Red!
It's a lovely warmth that streams from overhead.
The People bought it for me
To prove that they adore me,
And it's here I like to make my cosy bed.
*
The cows are blowing clouds of winter steam;
And the horses are continuing the theme.
The dogs are wearing coats
Which reach from tails to throats,
And I just sit here pleasantly and dream.
*
I'm sometimes asked to share this special lamp,
If the night is really miserably damp,
But I feel it's not fair!
Royalty doesn't share!
And shifting-up a bit gives me the cramp!
*
The People are rugged-up from head to toe.
There are icicles wherever they may go!
All that's for Him and Her;
I just bide my time and purr,
Even though we find we're inches deep in snow!
*
Some creatures try to get above their station;
Pet dogs are just a poor cheap imitation.
So things like Infra-Red
Are just for the well-bred.
After all, we cats are Lords of all Creation!
*

A silly farm joke here:
http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2008/10/150-lot-of-bull.html


See tomorrow's blog for something I never knew about cranberries!



9 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved that! It was so good I had to read it to my husband (who doesn't even like poetry) and even he agreed that it was great!

Quilt Works said...

Clever idea - how unique! I like you poem too


... I shared my views of "Nature's Christmas decorations"

Hootin Anni said...

I've seen these lamps only as zoos for baby animals....talk about spoiled kitty!


My R T is posted...it's all about Pecan Toffee Bark today. Come over and I'll share a piece with you...

HOMEMADE TOFFEE

EJ said...

very nice composition.

Please check out For the love of Family

Chubskulit Rose said...

Oh brenda your poem always inspires me,.

My RT with Santa

Kim, USA said...

A cat in the infrared lights..amazing!! Thanks for sharing!


My Ruby Tuesday

Glo said...

Ha! This is great! I especially like "and shifting-up a bit gives me the cramp"!

eileeninmd said...

Cool poem and neat shot of the infra- red kittie.

George S Batty said...

cats rule...dogs drool but I prefer the dogs..guess I am just a fool