Friday, December 18, 2009

Pantomiming




PANTOMIMING!


An old, old photo from a time long-gone
When I used to kid myself that I could act!
Twenty years have passed since I donned this gaudy garb.
And the years are surely showing, that's a fact!
Here I am in pantomime, grinning ear to ear,
With an awful lot of lipstick on my lips!
With the two Ugly Sisters, my daughters, (well, they're male),
And an awful lot of padding round my hips.
Yes, I was the Wicked Step-Mother, the play was 'Cinderella',
And there's not much else about it I remember!
But it's good to be glancing back sometimes to Christmases gone by
When once again we find that it's December.
*
An even earlier episode here:

See tomorrow's blog for a Xmas taste treat.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

another nice ditty! and the facial expression of the "gal" on the right is great! lol

Mari Meehan said...

I'm sorry I haven't been around for a while. Just swamped it seems. But what a great time to return. I have a very dear friend in England who has been active in Pantomime for years! What a wonderful tie in!

Patty said...

I was wondering about the two people on each side of you. I thought they certainly looked male, especially the one with the hairy arms. LOL I enlarged the photo to get a better look. And oh my yes, you did have a lot of lipstick on and didn't stay within the lines too well. LOL