Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fast Food




FAST FOOD

A cake that is a pudding! A super single-serve,
Really delicious comfort-food that all of us deserve.
When first I saw this recipe I upped and shouted 'Wow!
This is the cooking hint for me! I'm making it right now!'
Double these instructions if you're cooking this for two
Or if you need a double dose for you and.....well.....for you!
For one you'll need a generous mug for cocoa, sugar, flour,
Mix them together with a fork, and a bit of elbow-power.
Then add the egg and mix the lot until it's smooth as silk,
Then add a dash of vanilla and, finally, the milk.
Well, forget about finality if you're adding chocolate chips!
But, remember this, they may all end up settling on your hips!
Put the mug in the microwave for three minutes, thereabout,
And watch it going round and round as though on a roundabout!
The cake (or pudding) soon will rise and may overflow a bit,
Don't worry! It was not designed to be a perfect fit!
Now you have a choice to make; should you eat it hot
Or let it cool and turn it out before you eat the lot?
The supermarket shelves are stocked with puddings at a price.
Try this cheap alternative, you'll find it's just as nice!

Ingredients
1 coffee mug. 4 Tbsp. plain flour. 4 Tbsp. sugar. 2 Tbsp. cocoa. 1 egg.
3 Tbsp. milk. 3 Tbsp. oil. Small splash of vanilla. ( 3 Tbsp. chocolate chips,)

25 comments:

2sweetnsaxy said...

Sounds like an interesting and quick recipe. Cool. Love the poem instructions. :-)

nonizamboni said...

You are a delight! thanks for the recipe and the verse. . as well as the V for vaccination.
Happy Wednesday!

Darlene said...

Now that's my kind of baking. I must try it after I get the ingredients. Sorry to say, I have a sweet tooth and it needs to be satisfied often. Yes, it has all settled on my hips, but at my ancient age I could care less.

Patty said...

Love this one and I've been wanting to try it, but with four people in the house, been too lazy to do it. Perhaps if I ever have a time when I'm alone, might try it for myself.

quilly said...

Oh! What a lovely single serving dessert idea! Sometimes my love wants such a snack, but neither of us need whole cakes and goodies sitting around the house -- or our waist lines!

The poem is grand, I hope the recipe is just as tasty!

starbender said...

Yum! This looks sooo good. I am going to try it! (...and it all ends up on my hips anyhow!)

Luv how you turned even a recipe into poetry!

(:

Winifred said...

This is a great recipe, someone blogged it and my grandchildren love to make it. It's so quick, cheap and easy.

I have to say I use a small basin and my grand daughter calls it a chocolate sandcastle!

Kat said...

Sounds delicious.

Malcolm is a lucky man :)))

signed...bkm said...

Brillant and tasty How To - post...

nice way to post a recipe...bkm

Robert Lloyd said...

Now this is how all recipes should be done I think. Not only is it simple and easy to make but the way you have written it makes it fun from begining to end. I will try this recipe and may have to post it this way on our Fridge. w ecould be reading this poem for years!! lol Ty for sharing.

Carrie Van Horn said...

Apsolutely delightful piece, and it sounds delicious!!

Jae Rose said...

My goodness that sounds yummy - perfect for Sunday Lunch! Jae ;)

Old Egg said...

Fancy this coming along just as I was looking for simple recipes for one! I might give it a try.

Deborah said...

Sounds delicious ... thanks for the recipe! :o)

Lilibeth said...

Sniff sniff...I'm sure it isn't on my diet, but I loved the poem instructions.

Josie Two Shoes said...

How delightful, a recipe in rhyme! :-)

Catherine Denton said...

My daughter, the baker, will love this!

Altonian said...

I read this out loud to my wife, and she is determined to try the recipe at the first opportunity.
As usual, a great poem.

Christine said...

Yes my hips always loose the battle with food. It just all tastes so good!

Geraldine said...

My mom use to make something like this, in a conventional oven, many years ago, very yummy and oh so rich!

Happy Week, G

www.veggiesyarnsandtails.wordpress.com

Forgetfulone said...

That sounds so good right now! I almost wrote about chocolate, but I coudln't do it justice.

Paula said...

OMgoodness does this look yummy. And love the recipe rhyme ;) Great. Thanks.

Unknown said...

An excellent rhyme! My kids love making this!

Other Mary said...

Yumm! And I like the way the form of your piece looks like a rather full-figured woman!

Anonymous said...

What a delightful read! ...and I can hardly wait to try the recipe! :) Thanks for sharing it in such a fun way! ~ Paula