Sunday, June 14, 2009

Berry Odd!



SUNDAY SCRIBBLINGS
http://sundayscribblings.blogspot.com/2009/06/absurd.html
suggests
'ABSURD'



I have to confess that I can't remember where I saw this cute picture. (Cute isn't a favourite word but it's apt in this case!). I do remember, however, that the photographer said it was under copyright until now, so I hope he or she doesn't mind my little flight of fancy!


BERRY ODD!

I'm a little bud called Emma.
Let me tell you my dilemma.
I'm a crazy mixed-up kid.
And yesterday I flipped my lid!
All my life I've been a berry
And I find it galling, very.
So I asked a passing fairy
If my biology could vary.
Wished I were a human being
Like the ones that I keep seeing.
I see ladies striking poses,
Pretty eyes and pretty noses.
I see eyes that open wide,
Bosoms worn with human pride.
All I've ever done is grow
How I envied those below.
No-one even looked at me
As I languished in my tree.
So the fairy cast a spell
Humanised me! She did well!
I now have the charming features
Of all those other human creatures.
See my hair. I like the style.
See my Puckish little smile!
See my eyes ! See how I flirt!
See my bosom, full yet pert!
See my nose! (A little long.)
I have wanted this so long!
But I forgot one last request;
Although I may stick out my chest,
To my tree I still am stuck!
Poor old me! I'm out of luck!


More oddities of Nature here:

9 comments:

Cheryl Cato said...

Priceless! What a great little photo & you have made it take on such a wonderful personality! How absurd! (Tee hee).

Shari said...

I loved reading this so much! It had a great rhythm to it, and a beautiful twist. It reminds me of a fairytale in its style, yet is so unique!

A Girl Named Me said...

I love this! Cute picture and even more cute poem. Cuteness all around today.

Americanising Desi said...

:) i must say this is absurd :D
but in a decent way and i had to read it!

Happy SS

Into The Absurd

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

Fun and full of whimsy.

Bim said...

I'm quite sorry for little Emma, even though I did laugh reading about her plight. Yet I think she's better off stuck to her tree...

Dee Martin said...

well I left my comment in the wrong place LOL - that's what I get for trying to multitask :)
Loved this poem and the picture is cute too.

linda may said...

We all want to be something that we aren't. That is one very cute poem.

Kat said...

what vivid imagination..!!

The poemed berry now looks so 'cute' :)))