Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hunter Heaven




HUNTER HEAVEN!

The gently-rolling countryside we find in New South Wales
Always captivates me! I would say it never fails.
And that's because, before we came, I visualised this land
As being beach and desert, and predominantly sand.
I'd heard about the Outback, and I'd heard of Manly Beach,
I'd thought there might be 'pretty bits' but not within my reach.
So, when we drive out of the city and we find, almost at once,
The most delightful places, I know I was a dunce.
The vineyards, farms and villages, under a brilliant sky,
Make me love the Hunter Valley and it's easy to see why.
*

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

something fr u : http://ofsomethingsomething.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-angels-posted-both-my-blogs.html

Darlene said...

A beautiful photo and tribute to a beautiful country.

Sylvia K said...

Lovely photo! Looks like a truly lovely place! Thanks for sharing a bit of your world. Have a great week!

Guy D said...

What a view, great shot Brenda.

Have a great week
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo and poem, bringing your world and a great country to us.

SandyCarlson said...

Wow. That is a wonderful landscape. So unlike here; your blog fascinates me.

That's a lovely memory in the above post, too.

Marja said...

Indeed lots of pretty bits there.
Thanks for sharing

penny said...

I love the mountains in the background. We don't have any here and I miss them.

Susan at Stony River said...

There's something so special and romantic about vineyards--I grew up near them, in mountain country, but there are none near me now, living in Ireland. You brought back some special memories--thanks!

Kat said...

New South Wales country side sounds heavenly.

As being beach and desert This description actually fits the Middle East countries so well..!!