Thursday, June 11, 2009

Gymnastics!



PICATHEME
is in gymnastic mood!

GYMNASTICS!
Some people have inquired about my gymnastic routine!
So here are details you can follow if you're really keen
*
First I'm climbing up the stairs; two flights so quite a feat!
Then I swivvle round my black and very comfortable seat.
I lower myself gently, with many an osteo creak,
Proving that I'm still at my tip-top athletic peak!
I then lift up my right hand and the keyboard gets a jab!
I do it really firmly so I don't give-in to flab!
The left hand lies supinely, that's the hand that does the spacing;
I type with just one finger but it's pretty good at racing.
After an hour of 'typing' my neck begins to ache,
So I arch my back and give my head an impatient little shake.
Now it's time for coffee. Exhaustion has set in;
I've raised a sweat! At this rate I'll be really lithe and thin!
So it's down the stairs, back up the stairs! I've almost had enough!
All this violent exercising proves I'm getting short of puff.
Do I give in? Why! Goodness no! The tread-mill is still calling!
The keyboard's looking jaded now from all the constant mauling!
After another hour or two I lie down on the bed;
I have to conserve my energy for what may lie ahead!
My every muscle's aching with the effort of it all,
But this regime has helped me feel at least fifteen feet tall!
*
I hope this may prove useful to those looking for advice.
(The creatures with the muscles are those great athlectic 'mice')
*


More on technology and me here:


5 comments:

BPOTW said...

That's a great poem! I can relate!


Thanks for linking at BPOTW!

Shawna said...

Super funny :)

Shawna's Study Abroad

Unknown said...

I like your gymnastics routine!

betty-NZ said...

Gee, another year or so and I will be as 'fit' as you are! Great post.

Kat said...

Armchair Gymnastics.. nimble and simple for everone to follow :)))