Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Tickets!



Both Alice and Herbert were sixty. 
They were strolling along on the beach
When a bottle bobbed up right beside them!
It was, luckily, right within reach.
Alice unscrewed the top and 'Hey Presto!'
A funny old genie appeared
With a notebook to hand and a pencil
And a strange little feathery beard.
'You're in luck!' said the genie, politely,
' What good fortune is coming to you!
You may both make a wish  and I promise
The wish that you make will come true!'
'I wish for two tickets!' cried Alice,
'To some fabulous holiday isle.
I'll enjoy it so much with dear Herbert!'
'Here it is' Genie said, with a smile.
Sure enough in her hand was the ticket
To an island of palm trees and bliss!
But Herbert was not at all happy
With the ramifications of this!
'The holiday sounds quite terrific;
A love-nest right down by the sea,
But my wish is that Alice, who's sixty,
Could be thirty years younger than me!
Poor Alice is looking quite faded;
As for me, well I'm youthful and spry!'
*
The Genie then grinned and responded
'All right Herbert. You're ninety! Goodbye!'




Another unwise wish here:
http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2008/11/189-blond-blooper.html

6 comments:

quilly said...

LOL! I don't think that's quite what Albert had in mind!

James said...

That's great! :-)

Roger Owen Green said...

very funny

Tumblewords: said...

How funny! Love the way you wove this poem!

Q said...

Oh my...so funny..
Be careful what you wish for!
Thanks so much for the laugh.
Sherry

Kat said...

Thanks for the tip..!!! Got to be careful while asking for mathematically smart Genies..!!!