Saturday, June 13, 2009

Poise


POISE

What was her name?
I have no idea.
She was standing looking out to sea
And I was wandering,
With my camera.
Among all the baggy jeans,
Hairy legs,
Fading tans,
Partly-torn T-shirts,
Wet wet-suits,
She shone.
I knew, before I grew closer,
That her finger-nails
Would be buffed and burnished.
She was that sort of person.
I pictured her preparing for her stroll.
'The black and white ensemble
I think'.
Why was she alone,
I wonder.
I asked if I could photograph her.
She was delighted.
Maybe I was the most exciting thing
That happened to her
All afternoon.


More careful dressing here:
http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2009/01/286a-pink.html

6 comments:

Patty said...

She looks lovely and I see she is walking two small dogs.

Margaret Gosden said...

I am impressed with your photo (and poem), but do more of your own photography - particularly of your Oz experiences.

Danielle said...

She is lovely! I'm sure you made her day. I enjoyed your post!

Darlene said...

The woman you photographed certainly dressed with care. Everything coordinated and carefully chosen. You picked a good subject for your photo.

Barrie said...

Love the hat!

Kat said...

Fully agree, saw that the toe nails have been neatly clipped and polish applied :))))

Liked the name you had given to the picture "chic.jpg" :)))