Tuesday, June 23, 2009

In the Red.


RUBY TUESDAY

IN THE RED!

I found this map of Australia, with my state coloured red.
'Here's a Ruby New South Wales!' that is what I said.
It'll do for Ruby Tuesday, then everyone will see
Where all the New South Weshmen live! One of them being me!
Just two hours from Sydney, Newcastle's on the coast;
'Big enough but small enough' that's our city's boast.
It's big enough to satisfy our every social need,
But small enough to be friendly, very friendly indeed.
We travel down to Sydney if we want sophistication;
The train is fairly comfortable and we're close to the station.
But for friendship, ease and sunshine I can clearly state
That Newcastle, my home town is absolutely great.


A very different aspect of Newcastle here:

11 comments:

Darlene said...

Is your nickname for Sydney "Big Smoke"? Interesting.

Sounds like you have found a bit of Paradise, or close to it.

maryt/theteach said...

Great post, Rinkly! I hope a RED state doesn't mean the same thing in Australia as it does in the U.S. Just kidding! Happy Ruby Tuesday! :)

Winifred said...

That's a good map. I hadn't realised Sydney and Canberra were so close. Well relatively speaking!

I live near the other Newcastle, the one on the Tyne in northern England. It has a mini version of the Sydney Harbour Bridge but it doesn't have your sunshine unfortunately.

Mari Meehan said...

What a great way to feel about where you live!

Anonymous said...

I have never visited Australia but would love to.

Carletta said...

What a vibrant colored map!

Anonymous said...

Great find - I never pay attention to the colors of the map. Sometimes the most difficult thing to notice is the one that is right in front your eyes!

Guy D said...

Very cool, thanks for sharing Brenda.

Have a great week
Guy
Regina In Pictures

EG CameraGirl said...

I like maps. I like seeing where people live in relation to Canada and the rest of the world. And THIS map sure is appropriate for Ruby Tuesday. ;-)

Unknown said...

Wonderful post! Happy Ruby Tuesday! Newcastle sounds lovely...

Kat said...

A right name "Newcastle" for the place,
where the QOP lives :)))
(Queen of Poems)